Saturday, July 26, 2014

Salsa verde

I love green salsa, but I find it just as easy to buy (unlike red, which I think is amazing homemade). Maybe I just need to tweak my recipe.

However, given tomatillos, one makes green salsa! Here's my recipe.


6 tomatillos, husked & halved
1 thick slice onion, separated
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 anaheim pepper, halved & seeded (optional)
1 jalapeno pepper, halved & seeded

Coat with olive oil and broil. When blackish, turn, spray with oil and roast the other side. My tomatillos were very soft, so I left them alone and turned the other veggies.

Process in a blender with juice of half a lime, 1/2 tsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, and a tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro. Mine turned out quite spicy, so I have the option of mixing it with 1-1/2 cups chicken broth and dousing enchiladas with it. My husband, however, wants to claim it for chips. Next batch, I'm omitting the anaheim.

No comments:

Post a Comment