Saturday, July 26, 2014

Ninja salsa

This recipe came with my Ninja--hence the name. It is superb. I use whatever peppers I have on hand, which sometimes is just a serrano or jalapeno. When you roast the salsa, eat as much of it as you can while it is still warm. If there is ever any leftover, I use it in Mexican skillets or to top enchiladas in lieu of enchilada sauce.

Spray vegetables with olive oil and roast in the broiler. Then turn everything over, spray again, and broil some more.


I have a small Ninja that I throw the vegetables in, along with some onion (maybe 1/4 of a small onion). I often roast the onion if there's room in the roasting pan. Then I add a teaspoon of sugar, teaspoon of salt, pinch of cumin, pinch of oregano, some lime juice. I always add fresh cilantro, but today I was out and just used the dried variety. Drat.


My husband and middle daughter love homemade salsa. When I make it fresh, it seems like a wonderfully nutritious health food. When I buy it at the store, I think of it more like ketchup. Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment