Friday, July 18, 2014

Poblanos and corn

I'm always excited when we get corn at my produce co-op, but that's rather ironic: this recipe only calls for one ear of corn (I use two) and three poblano peppers. If I get fresh corn, I buy poblanos. It's sort of a programmed response.

3 poblanos: blacken them, then place in a plastic bag to steam for 10 minutes.

In a skillet, heat 1-1/2 T. olive oil.

Saute: 1/2 medium onion and the kernels from one ear of corn (I use two!).

Add 1 T. cream (or half-and-half; if I only have milk, I add a little butter too), 2 T. creme fraiche, and the poblanos (cut into strips). Salt and pepper to taste. Stir together until everything looks melty and yummy. Add 1/4 c. Monterey Jack cheese (I use colby jack or whatever is on hand).

Eat on soft tortillas. You wouldn't think something this tasty would have so little seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment