Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stone Fruit Cobbler

I know we should just munch on the peaches and plums by themselves. But cobbler is so pretty and so good! I put 7-8 cups of fruit in this recipe, and I simply use whatever is on hand. This time it was stone fruit, but strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are also good. Frozen works as well as fresh.

7 cups stone fruit (plums, nectarines, peaches)
1 cup blueberries
juice of one lemon (or 2 T. bottled lemon juice)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar

Stir together and then spread in a 11x7 pan, lightly greased.

I had a white plum, a red plum, a white peach, two regular peaches, and three nectarines. It's pretty.

1 cup oats
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
6 T. butter

In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry cutter. Sprinkle on top of fruit. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

I would include an "after" picture, but we ate it pretty quickly. I let my kids eat it for breakfast--it's not that different from a sugary cereal, right?

And it's so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment